With end-of-year festivities fast approaching, everyone is getting in the holiday mood.
What that also means is that it is time for Winter Wonderland again!
Winter Wonderland 2022 is going all out this year to celebrate its 15th year at Hyde Park.
This year boasts even more spectacular shows, adrenaline-pumping rides, and cuisine that will prickle your taste buds.
Let’s not forget Santaland, which can bring the inner child alive in most of us.
What is Winter Wonderland exactly, where will it be, and when will it be?
These are some of the questions this detailed article will cover. What you can expect to learn from this article:
- What is Winter Wonderland
- Where is Winter Wonderland in the UK
- How to Go to Winter Wonderland UK
- Winter Wonderland Tickets
- Winter Wonderland Cost
- Winter Wonderland Map
- Winter Wonderland Ice Skating
- Activities to Do at Winter Wonderland UK
- Other Locations of Winter Wonderland UK
- Tips and Recommendations Winter Wonderland UK
- Frequently Asked Questions
- 1 What Is Winter Wonderland
- 2 When Does Winter Wonderland Open
- 3 Where Is Winter Wonderland in the UK
- 4 How to Go to Winter Wonderland UK
- 5 Winter Wonderland Tickets
- 6 Winter Wonderland Cost
- 7 Winter Wonderland Map
- 8 Winter Wonderland Ice Skating
- 9 Activities to Do at Winter Wonderland UK
- 10 Other Locations of Winter Wonderland UK
- 11 Tips and Recommendations Winter Wonderland UK
- 12 Frequently Asked Questions
- 13 Celebrate Christmas at Winter Wonderland UK
What Is Winter Wonderland
在 Instagram 查看这篇帖子
Winter Wonderland is one of the events you can not afford not to attend this Christmas while in London.
Filled with the Christmas spirit, this festive event series caters to the entire family.
The first Winter Wonderland started 15 years ago as a simple open-air Christmas market in the heart of London.
There is more than enough time to attend the festivities.
Mornings are excellent for a stroll with the family while the sky lights up in the evening with all the bright and sparkly lights. You can decide the best time to go for you and your family.
When Does Winter Wonderland Open
Open for an incredible six weeks, from 18 November 2022 – 02 January 2023.
Where Is Winter Wonderland in the UK
Winter Wonderland 2022 will occur at the exact location as it did for the past 15 years – Hyde Park.
The detailed address is;
Hyde Park Winter Wonderland
It is located in the heart of London, making it easily accessible for everyone who has access to public transport in London.
London is enormous, and it can be challenging to find Hyde Park in a city with more than 9 million people.
Below we will discuss several methods for how to reach Hyde Park.
How to Go to Winter Wonderland UK
Public transport in London offers several means of reaching Hyde Park safely and on time for the festivities.
If you are arriving from locations outside London, you will most probably land at Heathrow Airport.
Using Heathrow Airport as the starting point, you will arrive at one of the four Heathrow terminals.
The terminal is dependent on where in the world you are coming from. These include Heathrow Terminals 2, 3, 4, and 5.
London Bus will cost £3.3 and take roughly 2 hours:
- Using Terminal 2 & 3 as your starting point, make your way to Heathrow Bus Station.
- Board the X26 bus that will take you to Hatton Cross Station.
- At Hatton Cross Station, board the 203 bus to Hounslow West Station.
- From there, you will take the H91 bus to Chiswick Lane. Please note that there are numerous roadworks and all buses are on diversion via Goldhawk Road, increasing the travel time to 35 minutes.
- Upon arrival at Chiswick Lane, you will have to make a short 5-minute walk to Turnham Green.
- At Turnham Green, board the 94 bus to Hyde Park Street. The trip will take roughly 36 minutes to complete.
- Again, you will have to make a 10-minute walk or use a taxi when reaching Hyde Park Street.
- Continue for 32m on Bayswater Road before turning right onto Malden Road.
- Continue straight for 616m to arrive at 60 Malden Road, Camden, which is Hyde Park.
Minicabs and Black taxis take between 30 – 60 minutes and will cost you £52 – £97:
Starting at Heathrow Terminals 2 & 3, you can call a minicab or black taxi.
A fee of £3.6 will be charged for journeys from Heathrow Airport.
- Tell the driver you are headed to Hyde Park, and the driver will choose the best route, especially the black cab drivers as they have undergone extensive training with some of the most challenging exams available. They have memorized all the streets in London and know exactly which route is best.
- The area around Hyde Park will be bustling and full of crowded streets, so please consider that when traveling by taxi.
- Walk to Heathrow Terminals 2 & 3 Rail Station for about 6 minutes.
- Take the Piccadilly line at Platform 2 heading towards Arnos Grove.
- Ride 15 stops going to Knightsbridge.
- Exit the stations and head east on Knightsbridge/A315/A4 toward Serpentine Walk.
- Turn left onto Serpentine Walk.
- You will arrive at Hyde Park.
All the above-mentioned public transport methods in London are excellent and easy to use.
If you want the option with the least amount of walking involved, then the Minicabs and Black taxis option might be the best.
However, the fastest and most affordable option will be via Tube with the London Underground.
For easy reference, the closest tube stations to Hyde Park are:
- Knightsbridge (Green Gate Entrance)
- Marble Arch (Gold Gate Entrance)
- Hyde Park Corner (Blue Gate Entrance
***A taxi rank, roughly 220 meters, is also available from the Gold Gate Entrance.
Winter Wonderland Tickets
The tickets for Winter Wonderland 2022 are already available for you to book online.
You can book tickets here. Some things you might want to know before booking your tickets are:
- You will need to book and purchase everything beforehand, including the physical ticket itself, attractions, rides, game coins, and food & drink.
- Three options are available: ‘ Off-peak’, ‘Standard,’ and ‘Peak.’ Each ticket option is set at different prices, ranging from £0 to £7.5. Tickets are booked for two-hour periods; if you wish to stay longer, you will need to book an additional ticket.
- Your ticket purchase is only valid for the specific day booked. Entry for any other day will require a new booking.
Winter Wonderland Cost
Winter Wonderland can get very expensive if you opt for all the packages on offer.
Here is a breakdown of all the possible costs you can encounter, with a table at the end summarizing all the expenses.
- Ticket prices range between £0 to £7.5 depending on the time and day of the week you enter. Below you can see the different requirements for each ticket group
- Off-peak: Free, Weekdays up until Friday, 10:00 am until 14:00 pm
- Standard: £5, Weekdays up until Friday, 14:00 pm until 21:30 pm
Fridays, 10:00 am until 21:30 am
Weekends, 10:00 am until 14:00 pm
- Peak: £7.5, Weekends, 14:00 pm until 21:30 pm
- Free Entry: Infants (2 & Under) & Personal Assistants
- Attractions can cost anywhere from £5 to £60, depending on the specific attraction you are booking.
- Rides are cheaper than attractions and range between £5 and £20.
- Game Coins will cost you £4.50.
- Food & Drink, specifically the Bavarian Village Food packages, you can pre-book them when purchasing your ticket. Food and drink packages can range anywhere between £10.50 and £21.50. Several other food & drink options are also available and don’t require booking in advance.
|Item||Price Range||Session Times|
|Attractions||£5-£60||Average of 50 minutes|
|Rides||£5-£20||10 minutes – 30 minutes|
|Game Coins||£4.50||Same as ticket|
|Food & Drink||£10.50-£21.50||Same as ticket|
|TICKETS ARE FREE WHEN TOTAL BOOKING EXCEEDS £25|
Winter Wonderland Map
Here is a picture of the map, which can be found on the official link here.
Pay close attention as Winter Wonderland is enormous, so best to enter the gate relative to where you want to be.
Winter Wonderland Ice Skating
Every year Winter Wonderland ice skating takes center stage as a star attraction.
You can impress your date with a romantic night under a canopy lit with festive lights and skate around the Victorian Bandstand.
So better work on your acrobatics, as this favorite will be open for the entire length of Winter Wonderland.
Ticket Prices include:
|Visitor Type||Off Peak||Standard||Peak|
Here are some TIPS AND ADDITIONAL INFORMATION to ensure your skating experience goes smooth sailing:
- Arrive 20 minutes before your booking. To ensure you get your skates ready.
- Speed skates are not allowed, but normally appropriate skates are.
- The ticket price includes renting the skates.
- The minimum size for children is nine and the Maximum adult size is 15
- Wheelchairs are allowed on the rink, and electric wheelchairs must ensure their electric motor is turned off before entering the ring
- No cameras are allowed on the rink
- Skating aids are available for a price of £5 per pair. However, it is on a first-come, first-serve basis and can not be booked in advance.
- You can safely store your valuables in a cloakroom for £1 per item.
Session Times are set to 50 minutes and occur on an hourly basis between 10:00 and 21:00.
You can hire a trained ice skater for £35 per hour skating session, which you book with your ticket.
Activities to Do at Winter Wonderland UK
There are numerous activities to do, however, this article will only highlight a significant few. The rest can be explored via this webpage.
Magical Ice Kingdom
Constructed out of more than 500 tonnes of ice and snow, the Ice Palace is genuinely something to behold.
Embark on a magical journey filled with beautifully sculpted ice statues and secret passageways leading to unknown worlds.
Slide your way through a tunnel hidden from the naked eye. Or ride in a unicorn-led carriage and take your picture – definitely one for the Christmas Cards!
Listed below are the prices you can expect at different hours.
|Visitor Type||Off Peak||Standard||Peak|
Here are some TIPS AND ADDITIONAL INFORMATION when embarking on the magical journey through the Ice Kingdom:
- It can get cold, really cold! -10°C, to be exact. Bring extra clothes and make sure your children are kept extra warm.
- The Kingdom is wheelchair friendly.
- Photographs are welcome, but there will also be a professional photographer to take your photo.
Session Times last roughly 30 minutes, and the final admission is approximately at 21:30.
Santaland – For the Children or Young at Heart
Take a trip to the North Pole and visit Santa, as he is available from 10:00 am to 18:00 pm.
He also has a very special present for each and every child to visit him at his Grotto.
Entrance to Santa’s Grotto is free, but a Winter Wonderland ticket is still needed.
- Santa’s Parade – If you want to see Santa with all his elves, then this is where you need to be. The parade will occur on selected days between 17:00 and 18:00. You can check the specific days here.
- Santa’s Rides – These rides offer a family-friendly experience to those who want to participate. You can enjoy festive rides from Santa’s Spinning Coaster to Penguin Bumper Cars. Tokens must be purchased when opting for one of the many rides at selected token booths.
Bar Ice – For the Adults
在 Instagram 查看这篇帖子
This has got to be the coolest bar. Set at -10°C, this Apres-ski-themed bar will give you goosebumps.
Everything is made of ice, so sit back and enjoy the DJ vibe with a wide selection of alcoholic and non-alcoholic cocktails.
A winter cloak with gloves will be provided to you when entering the bar and a complimentary cocktail will be included in the price.
There is no age restriction on the entrance, so children are welcome to enter, but parent supervision is advised.
Sessions last for 20 minutes and are open from 11:00 up to 21:20, with final drinks at 21:45.
Be sure to book in advance as Bar Ice tickets get sold out quickly.
Adult ticket price ranges are set at £14, £15, and £16 depending on off-peak, standard, and peak, respectively.
Cirque Berserk and Zippos Christmas Circus
Two circuses are available for you to enjoy. Zippos Christmas Circus accommodates families with younger children and Cirque Berserk for children above 12.
Zippos Christmas Circus is the wonderful MegaDome, the biggest circus tent in the UK. Show times are 13:00, 14:30, and 16:00.
The shows last 45 minutes but remember you need to be there 20 minutes before the start time to take your seats.
The show offers juggling, acrobatics, giant polar bears, and much more! No prams and pushchairs will be permitted due to fire regulations.
Off-peak ticket prices are:
- Adults: from £11
- Children: from £8
- Families: from £32
Cirque Berserk is coming back this year with a bang. A unique, one-of-a-kind routine called ‘Dynamo’ was specifically produced for Winter Wonderland 2022.
The show will keep your adrenaline pumping with motorcycles, aerial acts, and much more!
If you want the ultimate experience, you can always opt for the VIP box. You can treat up to 4 people with champagne, chocolates, and front-stage action.
The VIP box is bookable for £95 in standard times and £100 in peak times.
The shows are also in the MegaDome, at 18:00, 19:30, and 21:00. The show lasts 45 minutes, but you should also arrive 20 minutes before the start time.
Standard Ticket Prices apply, and on selected days, Peak Prices.
|Visitor Type||Off Peak||Standard||Peak|
As the name describes, this is a Bavarian-themed village comprising chalets and halls.
The Bavarian Hall offers live music with DJs and sing-a-longs.
Upon entrance to the Bavarian hall, you will need to provide a valid photo ID or Passport stipulating that you are above 18 years old.
Entrance into the village is free, but if you want a specific food package, you will need to prebook it alongside your ticket.
A cozy place for you to enjoy a sweet or savory meal. The Sleigh-By offers numerous food stalls for you to choose from.
There are also some Bars if you are searching for an alcoholic beverage to accompany your meal.
This is the place for shoppers who want to get that memorable last-minute gift before Christmas.
You can explore the market to find gifts, decorations, and some culinary treats located right next to the ice rink.
There are numerous options to explore that still need to be mentioned.
Make no mistake, these are wonders in their own right. You can head to ‘Explorer’s Rest’ or ‘The Fire Pit.’
Both offer acoustic and live performances as well as DJs. Drinks and songs are the main highlights of these two iconic places.
Rides and Rollercoasters
Winter Wonderland spared no expense regarding all the options available to ensure you get an adrenaline rush.
With more than 15 rides and rollercoasters, you can select the rides that best fit your budget and height tolerance.
Prices range between £4 to £20, ride and time of day dependant, with evenings being more expensive as well as Weekends.
The range of activities to do at Winter Wonderland 2022 is vast. Some other activities you might enjoy:
- Funhouses – The Canadian Mountie – and Apres-Ski Party Funhouse offer unique interactive experiences.
- VR Experience – Dr. Archibal is an immersive VR experience for those eager to try it.
- Haunted Mansion – Ready to scream? This Haunted Mansion will frighten you from 10:00 am to 10:00 pm.
- Game Coins – Bookable with your ticket, these coins are redeemable at any game stall where you can play Basketball and do all kinds of trick shots.
- Ice Sculpting – If you want to express the artist within you, then look no further than a workshop dedicated to Ice Sculpting. Guided by an expert, you and a partner will have 40 minutes to sculpt a masterpiece. Ticket prices are set at £58.50 for standard hours and £66.50 for peak hours.
Other Locations of Winter Wonderland UK
Although Hyde Park’s Winter Wonderland is the star pick, there are numerous other Winter Wonderlands to choose from all across the UK, including:
Cardiff Winter Wonderland
Address: 1 Park Place, Cardiff CF10 3UD Wales
Phone: +44 29 2087 2087
Address: Manchester and Birmingham
Yorkshire’s Winter Wonderland
Address: St. Nicholas Avenue, York YO19 4TA England
Phone: +44 1653 619169
Tips and Recommendations Winter Wonderland UK
Winter Wonderland can be an overwhelming experience for some, thus here are some tips and recommendations to help you when going to Winter Wonderland 2022:
- Enter at the appropriate gate: Look at the activities you have in mind and check which entrance is closest to it. Winter Wonderland tickets are only valid for the time you booked, and you don’t want to waste time walking around, possibly missing your booked activity.
- Keep your valuables and belongings safe: There will always be opportunistic people ready to snatch your valuables. Be sure to keep it secure.
- Only take necessary belongings: Recommending that you only take the necessary items with you to Winter Wonderland, especially on rides, can become a burden.
- Arrive Hungry: with the countless street food stalls, you will find culinary masterclasses fit for your taste buds.
- Book tickets in advance: Winter Wonderland is renowned for the number of people it has entering its gates each year. By booking a ticket in advance, you can rest assured that it won’t get sold out.
- Pick the time that best suits you: When booking your ticket, there are three time slots to pick from. Off-peak is free with fewer people, while peak has the most significant traffic and the highest activity prices.
- Download the App: It’s free and makes your life much easier. It eases access to booking tickets, rides, and attractions with helpful insights.
- Get What3Words: Getting lost at Winter Wonderland can be reasonably easy. Winter Wonderland has teamed up with what3words – a free app that has mapped every 3-meter square in the world, giving it a unique three-random word combination. You can check for more info here.
- Warm Clothing: It can get increasingly cold as the night progresses. Thus it is advised to bring additional hats, sweaters, and extra clothing with you
Frequently Asked Questions
Are there days when I can attend for free?
Yes, weekdays offer free entrance during off-peak hours. However, you still need to book a ticket.
Can I get a refund for my ticket?
No, tickets are strictly non-refundable. However, you can gift it to a friend or a family member.
Is there parking available?
Yes, parking in London can be quite a challenge. Thus Q-Park is a well-secured solution. You can park your car there. The details for Q-Park are as follows:
- Q-Park Park Lane
- Park Lane, London, W1K 7TY
- Book parking here.
Are Dogs Allowed?
Yes, dogs are allowed into Hyde Park Winter Wonderland. They are not permitted on rides or attractions and must be on a leash and controlled at all times.
Are there Discounts for Students and the Elderly?
Yes, a valid, relevant ID should be brought along to the event.
Who do I contact for specific queries?
You can contact Hyde Park Winter Wonderland through the following links:
If I had my photo taken but did not buy a print on the day, can I buy it now?
You can submit a query by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are there activities that are suitable for people with impaired walking capability?
Yes, all pre-bookable activities are accessible by wheelchair. Most street food areas and bars are fitted with lowered counters and ramps.
Winter Wonderland can refuse someone for a specific ride if safety is a concern.
Can I bring alcohol into Hyde Park Winter Wonderland?
No, it is not permitted and will be discarded at the entrance gates.
Bag searches will be implemented, and when leaving, you are not allowed to exit with unfinished drinks, except if unopened.
Celebrate Christmas at Winter Wonderland UK
In celebration of the 15-year hallmark, this year’s Winter Wonderland offers to be the most spectacular yet.
It is filled with new rides not yet seen anywhere else in the world and other mesmerizing experiences, such as the thousands of festive canopy lights.
If you are in London for the Christmas holiday, you should prioritize visiting Winter Wonderland.
Hyde Park is located in the center of London and will be pretty easy to spot with all the signs and lights pointing towards it.
So if you want to drop off your luggage first, it is still reasonably easy to reach Hyde Park.
The Winter Wonderland Crew has created a great guide that you can use to check what attraction is closest to what gate.
You can view it here. This is an experience you will remember for many years to come!